Live casino games are an essential part of online casinos. With real dealers, cards and roulette wheels, live casino games offer an authentic and immersive gambling experience. But are live games better than computer-based table games, or are you better off sticking to the classics?
The main difference between computer table games and live games is that the latter are played with real dealers and cards. Everything that happens on the table is streamed directly to the players with the use of cameras and microphones. Traditional table games are based on RNG (Random Number Generator), which means that the result of each round is completely random. In live games, the RNG is based on the randomness of a real deck of cards or roulette wheel. So, which version is better? It all comes down to personal taste – and most casinos let you choose between both options. Below are some pros and cons of playing online casino games.
- Live casino games are more immersive than traditional table games. The games are played with real cards in a real casino setting, and the games are hosted by professional dealers. This means that live games offer a more authentic and immersive gambling experience. In live casinos, players can even play on tables that are physically located in world-famous casinos.
- Huge variety of games. Most live casinos are packed with different types of games and variations. In addition to classic games like blackjack, roulette and baccarat, players can try their luck in a wide range of poker games or try out a game show. Furthermore, there is a table for every budget: low-stakes players can take a seat and play without breaking their bankroll, while high rollers can sit down at a VIP table and bet as high as they like.
- There is a social aspect to live games. Live casino games have a built-in chat option that allows players to chat with the dealer and the other players at the table. These social features are not available in traditional casino games.
- Live casino games can be slower. When you play blackjack and similar games with other players, you’ll have to wait for your turn to play. This means that each round can take a minute or two to play out. Additionally, the dealers are required to shuffle the decks and wait for all bets to be placed before they can deal the cards.
- Stable internet required. Since live casino games use high-quality video streaming, players need a fast and stable internet connection to play. This is especially important to consider when playing live blackjack, as you might miss your turn if you lose the connection in the middle of the round.
- Limited game library at some casinos. The majority of online casinos offer the big game library from Evolution Gaming, which is the largest live casino provider on the internet. Evolution has almost every table game under the sun, including classic table games and exciting game shows. But some casinos offer games from smaller providers, which means players could be limited to playing only blackjack and roulette.